STRACHUR MEMORIAL HALL
Sept 2011 Mick Andrew
Address: Strachur Memorial Hall, Strachur, nr Dunoon, Argyll PA27 8DF
- Venue on LHS of A815 as heading towards Dunoon, after junction with A886 & before petrol station & village centre. Car Park available.
- Built 1923, extended 2000.
- Capacity approx 100 if stage used, 70-80 if performing on floor. Stacking, plastic, non-interlocking chairs.
- Mobile reception variable and not all networks. Venue has open Wifi.
- Strachur has 2 pubs, petrol station/store and café. Banks and other services in Dunoon (19 miles).
- Hall Dimensions: 13.82M (45’4”) long x 8.99M (29’6”) wide. Height at side walls 3.1M (10’2”) rising to approx 6.5M (21’4”) at apex. 3 roof trusses at 4.17M (13’8”) height c/w angled tie-bars @ 2.79M (9’2”) by side walls rising to truss horizontal centres (4.17M) – see picture.
- Stage: 7.01M (23’) wide x 2.51M (8’3”) deep, + 1M stage left wing extension. Height of pros arch 2.29M (7’6”), height of stage 0.84M (2’9”). No Crossover. Access treads off stage right.
- Décor: floor old light wood with Badminton Court markings; walls dark brown lower, cream upper; roof cream. Roof trusses dark brown, tie-bars blue. Maroon red FOH tabs and window curtains.
- Get-in: good, through fire exit straight into hall. 3 steps or ramp outside, 1 set double doors. Approx 15M van loading area to stage. 0.91M (3’) wide x 1.96M (6’5”) high.
- Acoustics good.
- Blackout reasonable, all windows have lined curtains.
- Heating by wall radiators.
- No Piano. No Smoke Detectors in main hall.
- No access equipment seen.
- Power: 100amp 3-phase incomer in foyer cupboard on RHS of entrance. 13amp sockets on 30amp trip.
- No stage lighting.
- Small PA system – Yamaha 12-2-2 mixer, 2 DAS speakers, cassette, CD, some mics available.
- Houselights are switched fluorescents. Switches by hall entrance.
- Lounge in foyer can be used as Dressing Room.
- Kitchen available.
- Separate backstage toilet.
- Lesser Hall can be used for refreshments.