EASDALE ISLAND COMMUNITY HALL
July 2009 Mick Andrew
Address: Easdale Island, by Oban, Argyll PA34 4TB
- Venue is at top of pier – ferry goes from Ellenabeich at end of B844, Car Park at Ellenabeich and ferry to island. There are no vehicles on the island. All effects need to be ferried on open boat.
- Built in 1871 as a Drill Hall. Extensively refurbished with extensions in 2003.
- Capacity 130 if stage used, about 60-80 for theatre shows. Stacking plastic, non-interlocking chairs.
- Mobile reception variable & only some networks. Payphone in ferry kiosk at top of pier.
- Easdale has a pub/cafe & museum but no shops. Cashpoint in Puffer Bar incurs charge. Nearest general store at Balvicar on Seil Island (2 miles via ferry). Banks, petrol and other sevices at Oban (16 miles via ferry).
- Hall Dimensions: Hall is square with a supporting pole in the middle. 10.67M (35’) square. Height at side walls 2.44M (8’) rising to approx 7M (23’) at top of central supporting pole.
- Staging available – 7 units of Cameo 2M x 1M rostra & 1 triangular section 1M x 1M @ 0.5M high. Treads available. No Crossover.
- Décor: floor polished light oak; walls are slate; roof light wood with dark supporting timbers and dark central ships mast pole.
- Get-in: reasonable, through hall bar area straight, flat, 2 sets double doors into hall. Approx 50M from pier (ferry) to hall stage depending on height of tide. 1.5M wide x 2M high.
- Acoustics good.
- Blackout good – all windows in roof have blackout boards, but request this in advance.
- Heating is undefloor system.
- Digital Piano available (Technics SX-PX665). 2 Smoke Detectors in hall.
- Straight Ladder available.
- Power: 100amp 3-phase incomer behind foyer counter. 3 x 32amp single-phase soclets by stage area.
- Small stage lighting rig – Zero88 Level 12 desk, 2 x Zero88 Betapack dual input patchable dimmers, 2 x 650w profile spots, 10 x 650w fresnels. Lighiting bar around central support pillar.
- Small concert PA system – Mackie 24-4-2 mixer, 2 x self-powered Mackie speakers, 4 monitor wedges, various mics, graphic EQ, reverb unit.
- Houselights are switched pendants or track lights, switched at FOH foyer counter.
- Store area & food servery can be used as Dressing Room.
- Kitchen available.
- No separate toilets, but toilets are adjacent to Dressing Room area.
- Bar area.