OXNAM VILLAGE HALL
March 2016 Mick Andrew
Address: Oxnam Village Hall, Oxnam, Jedburgh, Roxburghshire
- Venue is on east side of road at end of village heading south from Jedburgh. Small car park at venue.
- Built 1922 and refurbished and extended in 1999.
- Capacity up to 80 if stage used, approx 50 if performing on floor. Padded, stacking, non-interlocking chairs.
- Mobile reception extremely limited. Payphone in village (10 mins walk).
- There are no services in Oxnam. Banks, cashpoints, hotels, cafes, general stores, supermarkets, petrol in Jedburgh 3½ miles.
- Hall Dimensions: 6.6M (21’8”) wide x 14.5M (47’7”) long. Height at side walls 2.79M (9’2”) rising to 4.14M (13’7”) over centre. Width reduced to 6.02M (19’9”) over most of length by bowling-mat frames along side walls.
- Stage: 4.47M (14’8”) wide x 1.83M (6’) deep. Height of stage 0.71M (2’4”). No crossover. Access treads available.
- Décor: floor polished wood with no markings; walls cream wood panelled lower, cream upper; roof cream.
- Get-in: through main entrance, flat, 3 x single doors with 180˚ turn. Approx 10M from van loading area to stage. 0.84M (2’9”) wide x 1.98M (6’6”) high.
- Acoustics good.
- Blackout reasonable – all windows have unlined curtains.
- Heating by suspended ceramic heaters.
- Yamaha YPG-625 electric piano available. No smoke detectors in hall.
- 7-step A-frame ladder available.
- Power: 100amp 3-phase incomer located in small hall behind stage. 13amp twin sockets on 32amp trip.
- Small stage lighting rig – Soundlab G018WG desk, 4 x 650w fresnels on FOH bar with dimmer.
- Small PA – Meridian MPM-480RC 4 input amp, 2 x Meridian P-10N speakers (wall-mounted), some radio mics.
- Houselights are switched fluorescents, or wall uplighters – switched in kitchen.
- Small hall can be used as dressing room.
- Kitchen available.
- No separate toilets.