MULL, TOBERMORY AROS HALL
Aug 2005 Mick Andrew
Address: Aros Hall, Main Street, Tobermory, Isle of Mull, Argyll PA75 6NU. Hall phone 01688 302415
- Venue is in the centre of Main St, opposite central pier. Parking on street only.
- Built late Victorian era & refurbished in 1991.
- Capacity approx 150 if stage used, 80 if performing on floor. Stacking non-interlocking wooden chairs & some padded stacking chairs.
- Mobile reception good.
- Tobermory has Bank & cashpoint, petrol, hotels, cafes, general store and most services.
- Hall Dimensions: 7.77M (25’6”) wide x 13.24M (43’5”) long. Height at side walls 3.18M (10’5”) rising to 5.18M (17’) over centre.
- Stage: 4.73M (15’6”) wide x 6.83M (22’5”) depth, 6.1M (20’) to back blacks. Pros height 2.44M (8’). Height of stage 0.97M (3’2”). Wings SR negligible, SL 0.77M-1.22M (2’6”–4’). Crossover behind back blacks. Access treads (5 steps) off stage right of forestage, or backstage.
- Décor: floor polished wood with Badminton court markings, walls wood panelled lower, light pink upper, and wood panelled roof. FOH tabs and window curtains maroon.
- Get-in: long and challenging. Through FOH entrance downstairs, up circular stairwell (19 steps with chairlift attached), right angle turn into hall. 2 single doors, approx 30M from street to stage. 0.82M (2’8”) wide x 2.04M (6’8”) high. Max turning circle 2.44M (8’) for 2D items.
- Acoustics good.
- Blackout good – all windows have lined curtains.
- Heating by radiators.
- Baby grand piano available. Smoke Detectors
- Small A-frame steps and extending ladder available.
- Power: 100amp 3-phase incomer & distribution boards in SR wing. 3 x 32amp single phase sockets feed house dimmers.
- Stage lighting rig – Zero88 18ch 2 preset XL desk (analogue), 3 analogue Betapack dimmers, mix of Furse & Strand lanterns – 8 x 500w profile spots, 12 x 500w fresnels, 8 x Patt 137 floods, 2 x Par64 cans. 2 FOH trapeze bars & 4 short side LX bars, 3 stage LX bars.
- Small sound rig – 4 channel mixer amp, 2 speakers & some mics.
- Houselights are switched wall up-lighters or fluorescents, switched from SR wing.
- Dressing Room area downstairs.
- Kitchen available.
- No separate backstage toilets.