Apr 2003 Mick Andrew
Address: Finzean, Banchory, Aberdeenshire AB31 6LY www.finzean-hall.co.uk/
– Venue is on B976 Banchory – Aboyne (South Deesside) road at
east end of village. Car park opposite hall.
- Built in 1928 and renovated in 2003.
- Capacity up to 150 if stage used approx 80 if performing on floor. Plastic, stacking, non-interlocking chairs.
- Mobile reception variable. Hall has Wi-Fi. Payphone opposite hall.
- Finzean has a farm shop and tea room at Finzean Estate. Banks, cashpoint, hotels, cafes, shops & petrol in Banchory (6 miles).
– Hall Dimensions: 16.8M (55’1”) long x 7.16M (23’6”) wide. Height 3.08M (10’1) at side walls rising to approx 6M (19’8”) at centre (apex roof). 6 roof trusses @ 3.7M (12’2”) height.
- Stage: Proscenium opening 4.72M (15’6”) wide x 2.6M (8’6”) high, stage depth 4.2M (13’9”). Height of stage 0.9M (3’). Wings 1.25M (4’1”) both sides. No crossover, 5- step treads off stage left side of stage.
- Décor: floor polished wood with badminton court markings. Walls & roof wood panelled. Windows have tartan lined curtains.
- Get-in: through side emergency exit, up 1 step, single door 0.79M (2’7”) wide x 2.05M (6’9”) high or through adjacent lobby – 2 sets double doors & right angle turn into hall 1.05M (3’5”) wide x 1.9M (6’3”) high. Approx 8M from van loading area to stage.
- Acoustics good.
- Blackout good.
- Heating by underfloor system.
- No piano. Smoke detectors in hall.
- Small A-frame steps available.
- Power: 100amp 3-phase incomer in store room on stage right side of hall. 32amp trip ring main.
- No stage lighting but some dimmable halogen lights above stage.
- No sound equipment.
- Houselights are dimmable uplighters or switched sodium lights. Switched by hall entrance.
- 2 changing rooms along corridor can be used as dressing rooms. Showers available.
- Kitchen available.
- No separate toilets.
- Bar & refreshments can be arranged in small hall.