PORTKNOCKIE MCBOYLE HALL
Apr 2003 Mick Andrew
Address: McBoyle Hall, Seafield Terrace, Portknockie, Buckie, Morayshire AB56 4NA https://mfcha.org/members/portknockie-the-mcboyle-hall/
– Venue is on east side of village on Seafield Terrace which is off
main A942 Buckie road, opposite caravan park. On-street
- Built around 1960’s and upgraded with false ceiling around 2010.
- Capacity – up to 120. Plastic, stacking, non-interlocking chairs.
- Mobile reception good. Payphone in village centre by chip shop
- Portknockie has small general store, hotel, pub and chip shop. Cashpoint and bank at Cullen (2 miles). Hotels, petrol and other services in Buckie (4 miles).
– Hall Dimensions: 15.4M (50’6”) long x 8.3M (27’3”) wide. Height at side walls 3.75M (12’4”) rising to false ceiling (installed around 2010) @ approx 4M (13’2”).
- No stage.
- Décor: floor polished wood with badminton court markings; walls light grey/blue lower, white upper; roof (false ceiling tiles) white.
- Get-in: via emergency exit doors on non-road side (park on grass). 2 steps up, 1 set double doors 1.1M (3’7”) wide x 2M (6’7”) high. Approx 5M from van loading area to hall.
- Acoustics good.
- Blackout reasonable – windows have slatted blinds.
- Heating by wall-mounted panel heaters.
- No piano. No smoke detectors.
- No access equipment in hall but can be arranged.
- Power: 3-phae 60amp incomer located by back entrance. 13amp ring main on 30amp fuse.
- No stage lighting.
- No sound equipment.
- Houselights are switched ceiling bulkhead lights, switched at back of hall.
- Can use store room as dressing room.
- Kitchen available.
- No separate toilets, but disabled toilet is near store room.
- Refreshments and bar can be arranged.