NEWTONHILL, BETTRIDGE CENTRE
Address: Bettridge Centre, Coastal Park, Newtonhill, Aberdeenshire AB39 3UL. Tel: 01569 731320 www.bettridgecentre.org.uk/
– Venue is at south end of Newtonhill village on coast side of railway line. Newtonhill
is south of Portlethen between Aberdeen and Stonehaven. Venue has car park.
- Built 2002
- Capacity 250 if stage used, up to 150 if performing on floor. Plastic, stacking, non-interlocking chairs.
- Mobile reception reasonable, payphone in foyer.
- Newtonhill has a pub, village shop, supermarket with cashpoint. Hotel, petrol at Portlethen (3 miles), Banks and other services at Stonehaven (6 miles) or Aberdeen (11 miles).
– Hall Dimensions: 25.5M (83’8”)long x 17.6M (57’10”) wide. Height at side walls approx 6M (19’8”) rising to 7M (23’) at apex.
- Stage: Proscenium opening 12M (39’5”) wide x 4.5M (14’9”) high, stage depth 4.8M (15’9”). 12 x rostra sections (1M x 0.9M) available to extend stage depth by 0.9M x 12M width, or 1.8M x 6M width. Height of stage 1.02M (3’4’). Wings 2.8M (9’2”) both sides, Crossover behind back drapes. Treads off stage right into corridor. Stage has black box drapes and cyclorama, also some flying bars.
- Décor: floor polished wood laminate with sports court markings; walls orange/cream lower, maroon drapes higher; roof cream clad steel roof with rust red steel roof supporting beams. Stage wall orange and cream with maroon FOH tabs.
- Get-in: via double doors left of main entrance onto stage 1.65M (5’5”) wide x 2.07M 6’9”) high. Approx 5M from van loading area to stage.
- Acoustics reasonable, drapes help with acoustics.
- Blackout good – all windows have lined curtains.
- Heating by underfloor system.
- Upright piano available. No smoke detectors in hall but building has fire alarm system.
- Ladders available.
- Power: 3-phase incomer (assumed to be 100amp).
- Stage lighting rig – Genius desk with 48 patchable dimmers, 6 x profile spots & 6 x 650w fresnels FOH bar, on stage 6 x 500w profile spots, 5 x 500w fresnels, 8 x ParCans and various scroller lanterns and scanners. 3 stage LX bars. Plan available on request.
- Sound equipment available – info on request.
- AV equipment with projector and screen available.
- Houselights are switched overhead fluorescents, switched from stage wing
- Lounge on first floor near stage can be used as dressing room, separate toilet, showers available.
- Kitchen upstairs available.
- Café at venue.