STRANRAER MILLENNIUM CENTRE
March 2016 Mick Andrew
Address: The Millennium Centre, 75 George St, Stranraer, Wigtownshire
DG9 7JP Tel: 01776 700000 Venue is staffed.
- Venue is on south side of George St in town centre. Small car park behind venue or parking on street.
- Built late Victorian era and converted to Community Centre from former Co-op in 1998.
- Capacity 550 max (standing), up to 300 seated. Padded, folding, non-interlocking chairs & padded 3-seat benches.
- Mobile reception good.
- Stranraer has all services.
- Hall Dimensions: 17.8M (58’5”) wide x 20.36M (64’10”) stage to back
wall. Height of ceiling 3M (9’10”).
- Stage: 4.88M (16’) wide x 3.66M (12’) deep. Height of stage 0.5M
(1’8”). No crossover. 2-step portable access treads available.
(Venue has upgrade plans for full renovation including raising the ceiling by approx 0.9M and installing retractable seating – awaiting finance for this).
- Décor: floor light tiles; walls yellow & white; roof white roof tiles.
- Get-in: From rear car park through hall emergency exit – flat, straight, double doors into hall 0.81M (2’8”) wide x 1.98M (6’6”) high or wider access through hall main entrance – flat, 2 sets double doors & right angle turn into hall. 1.45M (4’9”) wide x 1.98M (6’6”) high. Approx 10M from van loading area to stage.
- Acoustics slightly reverberant.
- Blackout perfect – no windows.
- Heating by gas system (AmbiRad system) through overhead vents.
- No piano. Smoke detectors in hall can be isolated.
- 6-step folding Abru ladder available.
- Power: 100amp (at least) 3-phase incomer located in room near toilets by bar area. 2 x 63amp single-phase sockets either side of stage.
- No stage lighting but FOH LX bar exists.
- PA is roof-mounted system suitable for spoken word only. Radio mics available.
- Houselights are switched fluorescent over-head lights, switched by stage.
- Rooms backstage can be made into dressing rooms.
- Kitchen available.
- No separate toilets.
- Café & Bar area available.