CORPACH, KILMALLIE HALL
June 1999 Mick Andrew
Address: Kilmallie Hall, Station Road, Corpach, Fort William, Argyll PH33 7JH
- Venue is in middle of village on road to station from main A830. Car park at venue.
- Built approx 1960’s and refurbished 2012.
- Capacity 240 if stage used, up to 150 if performing on floor. Non-interlocking, stacking, padded chairs.
- Mobile reception good.
- Corpach has a convenience store + cashpoint, Post Office, pub and café. All other services at Fort William (4 miles).
- Hall Dimensions: 10.26M (33’8”) wide x 16.08M (52’9”) long. Height at side walls 5.49M (18’) rising to approx 6.4M (21’) at apex.
- Stage: 7.26M (23’10”) wide x 6.4M (21’) deep. Height of Pros arch 3.5M (11’6”), height of stage 0.89M (2’11”). Wings 1.83M (6’) both sides. Crossover behind back drape. Access treads of both sides of forestage.
- Décor: floor light wood laminate with Badminton Court markings; walls cream; roof white. FOH tabs dark blue, stage drapes light blue.
- Get-in: through fire exit by stage, double doors, flat, straight into hall. Approx 5M from van loading area to stage. 1.47M (4’10”) wide x 1.96M (6’5”) high.
- Acoustics slightly reverberant.
- Blackout good.
- Heating by wall-mounted red-glow quartz heaters.
- No piano. Smoke detectors unknown.
- Small A-frame steps available.
- Power: 3-phase incomer in switch room off kitchen in foyer. 63amp single phase socket in lighting dimmer cupboard in stage left wing.
- Small stage lighting rig – 4 x 500w profile spots, 4 x 500w fresnels, 6 x 150w floods, 3 8-way flood battens, 2 x Junior 8 dimmer packs (very old). 2 FOH perches & 2 LX bars on stage. This equipment has possible been upgraded since 1999.
- No sound equipment
- Houselights are switched fluorescents. Switches by hall entrance or stage left wing.
- 2 small dressing rooms off stage left wing which lead into larger function/committee room.
- Kitchen available.
- No separate toilets.
- Lesser Hall available.