ISLAY, BOWMORE HALL
Sept 2018 Mick Andrew
Address: Main St, Bowmore, Isle of Islay PA43 7JH
- Venue on corner of Main St & Jamieson St in village centre. Parking on street outside.
- Built early 20th century.
- Capacity approx 200 if performing on stage, up to 130 if performing on floor. Non-interlocking stacking chairs.
- Mobile reception reasonable, payphone in foyer 01496 810303.
- Bank, Co-op, Post Office, petrol, hardware store and other sevices in Bowmore.
- Hall Dimensions: 20.43M (67’) long x 9.07M (29’9”) wide. Height at side walls 4.02M (13’2”) rising to 5.23M (17’2”) over centre.
- Stage: 6.6M (21’8”) wide x 6.2M (20’4”) deep. Pros height 3.35M (11’), height above floor 1.07M (3’6”). Wings 1.27M (4’2”) both sides. Access treads both sides, crossover behind back blacks. 2 tab tracks, 3 legs & borders.
- Décor: floor polished wood with no markings, walls light grey lower, cream/pink upper, white roof. Stage has brown tabs, 3 sets of legs & borders.
- Get-in: Reasonable – through hall fire exit at rear of hall, straight, flat, 1 set double doors. Approx 25M van loading to stage. 1.42M (4’8”) wide x 2.14M (7’) high.
- Acoustics slightly reverberant.
- Blackout good, all windows have lined curtains.
- Heating by infra-red quartz heaters.
- Baby Grand Piano on stage. Smoke Detectors in hall.
- Small A-frame steps available.
- Power: 200amp 3-phase incomer in foyer switch room, 60 amp single-phase supplies stage lighting breaker in SL wing. Only 3 single 13amp sockets in hall.
- Small stage lighting rig – Zero88 Level 12 desk, 2 x 6ch Betapack dimmer packs in SL wing patchable, 4 x 650w profile spots, 7 x 650w fresnels, 3 x 500w floods (Rank Stand Prelude/Coda). 2 x FOH perches, 3 stage LX bars.
- Small PA Custom Sound 12-2 mixer/amp in SL wing, 2 speakers.
- Houselights are switched fluorescents and coloured wall lights switched from SL wing.
- Dressing Rooms – can use small room off SL & Lesser Hall.
- Kitchen available
- No separate toilets. No disabled toilet.