HADDO HOUSE THEATRE
Sept 1997 Mick Andrew
Address: Haddo House, Methlick, Ellon, Aberdeenshire AB41 7EQ.
Tel: 01651 851440 https://www.haddoarts.com/
– Venue is in grounds of Haddo House near Tarves. Box office
facilities available and venue is staffed. Car park near venue.
- Built 1891.
- Capacity 352 padded seats on floor and retractable seating rake.
- Mobile reception limited. Nearest payphone in Tarves village.
- There is a tearoom at the hall. General store in Tarves (2 miles), Banks & cashpoints, hotels, petrol and other services in Ellon (7 miles).
For photos please see https://canmore.org.uk/site/252184/haddo-house-hall
- Stage: Proscenium opening 9.5M (31’2”) wide x 4.2M (13’9”) high, stage depth 9.14M (30’) including stage apron. Height of stage 1.22M (4’). No wings, Crossover behind back blacks. Access treads (6-steps) either side of stage apron. Full set of blacks on stage. And black stage floor.
- Décor: floor wood, no markings; wall and roof wood. Stage has brown FOH tabs.
- Get-in: through side fire exit, 5 steps up to hall, double doors into hall 2.44M (8’) wide x 3.05M (10’) high. Approx 9M from van loading area to hall.
- Acoustics good.
- Blackout good – all windows have lined curtains.
- Heating by overhead heaters.
- Grand piano available. No smoke detectors.
- Ladders available.
- Power: not seen but assumed to be minimum 63amp 3-phase with socket.
- Full stage lighting rig – details available on request. 60 circuits, 2 side & 1 overhead FOH LX bars, 3 stage LX bars. Operated from control room.
- Sound equipment mixer, amp, wall mounted Bose speakers.
- Houselights are dimmable wall lights, operated from control room.
- 2 dressing rooms backstage with separate toilets. Shower available.
- Kitchen and laundry facilities available.
- Tea room at main house and bar and refreshments can be arranged.