CARRBRIDGE VILLAGE HALL
Sept 2009 Mick Andrew
Address: Main Street, Carrbridge, Inverness-shire PH23 3BB
- Venue is in middle of village on west side of B9153 Main St by church, opposite Carr Rd. Car parking on street.
- Built 1898
- Capacity approx 80-100. Padded, folding chairs, stored on meat-racks.
- Mobile reception reasonable.
- Carrbridge has hotels, cafes, convenience store and Post Office. Nearest banks, cashpoints, petrol and other services in Aviemore (7 miles).
- Hall Dimensions: 7.42M (24’4”) wide x 15.49M (50’10”) long. Height at side walls 3.86M (12’8”) rising to 5.64M (18’6”) at apex.
- No Stage
- Décor: floor light wood with Badminton Court markings; walls light green; roof mahogany wood colour. Roof has 3 hammer beam trusses.
- Get-in: through FOH entrance, 2 sets double doors, 4 steps outside, straight into hall. Involves reversing van up steep hill and on a curve. Approx 10M from van loading area to performing area. 1.42M (4’8”) wide x 2.24M (7’4”) max height – doors are arched.
- Acoustics good.
- Blackout good – all windows have lined curtains.
- Heating by wall-mounted ceramic heaters.
- Upright piano in small hall. No smoke detectors but hall has heat detectors.
- No access equipment.
- Power: 100amp 3-phase incomer located in lobby next to kitchen.
- Small stage lighting rig – 6 channel desk, 1 x Betapack dimmer, 6 x 650w fresnels – 3 on each side LX bar.
- No sound equipment.
- Houselights are switched fluorescents – switches by exit to small meeting room by back entrance.
- Meeting room can be used as dressing room. Also smaller hall available.
- Kitchen available.
- Separate toilets in back corridor.