March 2002 Mick Andrew
Address: Kiltarlity Hall, Allarburn Drive, Kiltarlity, Beauly, Inverness-shire IV4 7HH
- Venue is on north side of main road in centre of village by bus stop. Car park at venue.
- Built 1998.
- Capacity up to 150 if stage used, approx 100 if performing on floor. Plastic, stacking, non-interlocking chairs.
- Mobile reception reasonable. Payphone outside hall.
- Kiltarlity has Hotel, General Store & post office and cafe. Banks, cashpoint, petrol at Beauly (4 miles). All other services in Inverness (14 miles).
- Hall Dimensions: 10.52M (34’6”) wide x 14.07M (46’2”) long. 5.28M (17’4”) high at side walls rising to approx 8.23M (27’) at apex. Roof trusses @ approx 5.79M (19”).
- Stage: 5.82M (19’1”) wide x 5.94M (19’6”) deep. Height above 2.49M (8’2”), height of stage 0.61M (2’). No wings or crossover. 3-step access treads available. Floor is lino covered.
- Décor: floor padded blue covering with Badminton Court markings; walls white breezeblock lower, wood ply panelling higher, large wood sliding panels on FOH side wall reveal stage; roof white corrugated steel with wood trusses.
- Get-in: up 5 steps through single door fire exit at side of hall with right angle turn due to exterior handrail, or through FOH entrance (double doors & single door + ramps). Approx 10M from van loading area to stage. 0.84M (2’9”) wide x 2.03M (6’8”) high.
- Acoustics slightly reverberant.
- Blackout partial, windows have light unlined curtains.
- Heating by wall-mounted red-glow quartz heaters.
- No piano. Smoke detectors in hall.
- Small A-frame steps available.
- Power: 100amp 3-phase incomer in cupboard in hall foyer.
- No stage lighting.
- No sound equipment.
- Houselights are switched sodium’s, switches by FOH entrance.
- Can use stage area/lounge as dressing room.
- Kitchen available.
- No separate toilets.