ABOYNE VICTORY HALL
Apr 2003 Mick Andrew
Address: Victory Hall, Ballater Road, Aboyne, Aberdeenshire AB34 5HY. Tel: 01339 886319. www.victoryhallaboyne.com/index.html
– Venue is on north side of main A93 road at east end of village
opposite shops and old station square. Car park at hall.
- Built 1920 as community hall. Upgraded in 2000.
- Capacity up to 200 if stage used, approx 150 if performing on floor. Mix of padded and plastic, stacking, interlocking chairs.
- Mobile reception good, payphone opposite hall.
- Aboyne has all services.
– Hall Dimensions: 16.8M (55’1”) long by 9.05M (29’8”) wide. Height approx 6M (19’8”) at side walls rising to 9M (29’6”) at centre. 5 roof trusses in hall @ approx 7.5M (24’7”) height.
- Stage: Proscenium opening 5.5M (18’) wide x 3.4M (11’2”) high at sides rising to 4M (13’2”) over centre. Depth 6.17M (20’3”). Height of stage 1.05M (3’5’). Wings 1.85M (6’1”) stage right, 0.65M (2’2”) stage left. Crossover through dressing room at rear of stage. 6 step treads on stage left.
- Décor: floor polished wood with badminton court markings; walls & roof cream. Dark wood structural beams and supports. Stage has red FOH tabs.
- Get-in: through side fire exit in hall (far end from stage). One set double doors straight into hall 1.35M (4’5”) wide x 2.25M (7’4”) high. Approx 20M from van loading area to hall.
- Acoustics good.
- Blackout good.
- Heating by radiators.
- Electric keyboard backstage. No smoke detectors.
- No access equipment.
- Power: 100amp 3-phase incomer in reading room. Ring main on 32amp trip.
- No stage lighting rig but dimmable 12v spots and floods above stage.
- Mobile PA rig – Peavey 6 input/2 output mixer/amp, 2 Peavey speakers, 1 microphone.
- Houselights are switched uplighters or overhead sodium lights. Switched by hall entrance.
- 1 large and 1 small dressing room backstage with separate toilet.
- Kitchen available.
- Café and Bar area off hall, refreshments can be arranged if booked.