HUNTLY STEWARTS HALL
Apr 2003 Mick Andrew
Address: Stewarts Hall, 17 Gordon Street, Huntly, Aberdeenshire AB54 8AJ. Tel: 01466 792779 (hall)/01467 537753 (bookings). www.livelifeaberdeenshire.org.uk/community-halls/local-halls/stewarts-hall-huntly/
– Venue is in town centre just down from main square on west side
of Gordon St. Parking on street only. Venue has hall-keeper.
- Built 1875 and rebuilt 1887 after fire.
- Capacity approx 200 if stage used including around 50 fixed seats on balcony. Up to 130 if performing on floor. Padded, folding, interlocking chairs.
- Mobile reception good, payphone in foyer.
- Huntly has banks, hotels cafes, shops, petrol and all services.
– Hall Dimensions: 15.53M (51’) long x 12.65M (41’6”) wide. Height at side walls approx 6.5M (21’4”) rising to around 8M (26’3”) in middle (flat roof in centre).
- Stage: Proscenium opening 5.7M (18’8”) wide x 3M (9’10”) high, stage depth 5.2M (17’1”). Height of stage 0.9M (3’). No wings, Crossover via back corridor. Curved stairs (5-steps) both sides of stage .
- Décor: floor polished wood with badminton court markings; walls dark cream lower, light grey upper; roof dark wood. Stage FOH tabs brown & gold, black drapes on stage, with yellow tabs mid-stage.
- Get-in: flat from street and via side yard (single door) along yard & right angle turn through double doors into hall 1.25M (4’1”) wide x 2M (6’7’) high. Approx 30M from van loading area on street (double yellow lines) to stage.
- Acoustics good.
- Blackout reasonable – all windows have lined curtains.
- Heating by electric wall-mounted convector heaters.
- Upright piano available. No smoke detectors.
- Large and small A-frame steps and extending ladder available.
- Power: 100am 3-phase incomer in entrance lobby, 63amp single-phase breaker feeds house dimmers in cupboard in upstairs dressing room stage left.
- Stage lighting – Strand 2-preset 12 channel desk (operated from balcony), 12 channels hard-wired dimmers, 4 x 650w profile spots, 6 x 650w fresnels, 2 x 500w 3-cell flood battens, 1 follow-spot on balcony. 2 FOH LX perches & 2 stage LX bars.
- Small PA system, Alice 8input mixer, 4 x Tannoy speakers fixed in hall, 6 microphones.
- Houselights are switched sodium lights, switched at back of hall.
- 2 dressing rooms upstairs from stage with separate toilets, quick change room at stage level.
- Kitchen available.