BALIVANICH HALL, BENBECULA
March 2013 Mick Andrew
Address: New Hall, Slighe Winfield, Balivanich, Isle of Benbecula HS7 5LH
- Venue at end of Slighe Winfield (Winfield Way), pass Hospital and Filling Station and turn left, past Spar, as approaching from North on B892. Small car park.
- Built 2008
- Capacity approx 150 padded stacking chairs.
- Bank, petrol, café, shops and other services in Balivanich. Hotels at Creagorry (4 miles).
- Hall Dimensions: 12.22M (40’1”) wide x 17.37M (56’11”) long. Height of side wall 5.5M (18’) rising to approx 7M (23’) at apex.
- Staging available: 20 sections of 1.22M sq (4’sq) rostra frames & tops @ 0.63M (25”) high. Treads available.
- Décor: Polished wood floor, breezeblock walls with acoustic panelling, pink/brown lower, cream upper. Roof white with grey steel truss supports.
- Get-in: good, through hall fire exit – double doors 1.56M (5’1”) wide x 1.98M (6’6”) high, flat, straight. Approx 10M to stage area.
- Acoustics reasonable, Hall walls have acoustic panels.
- Blackout good, windows have blinds.
- Heating underfloor with ground heat exchange system.
- No Piano. Hall has one smoke detector (high up), possible to isolate but need manual.
– Step ladder (7 steps) and straight ladder available.
- Power: 100amp 3-phase incomer in plant room off corridor. 13 amp sockets in hall on 40amp ring main.
- No Stage lighting. Roof has structural weight bearing steel girders that truss points could be rigged from. Need separate access system.
- Small Concert PA system available – Allen & Heath PA20 (20 input mixer), limited microphones, stands etc. Speakers JBL wall mounted.
- Houselights are switched/dimmable fluorescents, 3 switches in corridor by hall entrance.
- Upstairs lounges can be used as dressing rooms, no separate toilets.
- Showers available.
- Kitchen & Bar area available.