CARRON VILLAGE HALL
Apr 2003 Mick Andrew
Address: Carron Village Hall, Main Street, Carron, Aberlour, Morayshire AB38 7QP.
– Venue is in middle of Carron Village on west side of road to the
village from main A95 road, north of the distillery. On-street
- Built in 1908 and extended in the 1960’s.
- Capacity up to 100 if stage used, approx 60 if performing on the floor. Plastic, stacking, non-interlocking chairs.
- Mobile reception limited, payphone south of hall by road junction (1 min walk).
- Carron has no services except a distillery. Nearest banks, cashpoint, hotels, general stores and other services in Charleston of Aberlour (3 miles).
– Hall Dimensions: 13.2M (43’4”) long x 7.45M (24’5”) wide. Height 4.15M (13’7”).
- Stage: 5.48M (18’) wide x 1.9M (6’3”) deep. No wings, crossover via back rooms, portable treads available (2- step). Orange FOH drapes (unlined).
- Décor: floor light polished wood with badminton court markings; walls light grey lower, yellow upper; roof white. Window curtains orange.
- Get-in: through FOH entrance, up 2 steps, through 2 double doors into hall 0.99M (3’3”) wide x 1.98M (6’6”) high. Approx 20M from van loading area to stage.
- Acoustics good.
- Blackout partial – windows have un-lined curtains.
- Heating by red-glow quartz heaters.
- No piano. No smoke detectors.
- Small stepladder available.
- Power: 100amp 2-phase supply, above hall main entrance.
- No stage lighting.
- No sound equipment.
- Houselights are switched hanging pendants with shades, switched beside stage.
- Can use committee room behind stage as dressing room.
- Kitchen available.
- No separate toilets.