Dec 2005 Mick Andrew
Address: Broadford Hall, Broadford, Isle of Skye IV49 9AE
- Venue is on south side of main A87 east of village centre & Co-op, near Primary school. Small car park at venue.
- Built 1933 and extended in 1986.
- Capacity approx 120 if stage used, up to 80 if performing on floor. Non-interlocking stacking plastic chairs.
- Mobile reception variable. Payphone at Co-op (3 mins walk).
- Broadford has cashpoint, petrol and most other services. Bank at Kyle of Lochalsh (10 miles).
- Hall Dimensions: 14.64M (48’) long x 8.48M (27’10”) wide. Height at side walls 3.89M (12’9”) rising to approx 6.4M (21’) at apex. 4 roof trusses at 4.42M (14’6”) over centre & 3.35M (11’) at side walls.
- Stage: 5.56M (18’3”) wide x 4.6M (15’1”) deep. Height to grid 3M (9’10”), height of stage 0.92M (3’). Wings 1.53M (5’) both sides. No crossover. Access treads off stage left into corridor.
- Décor: floor light wood with Badminton Court markings, walls light green lower, white upper, roof dark brown. Brown FOH tabs.
- Get-in: through side fire exit, single door, 4 steps, straight. Approx 5M from van loading area to stage. 1.12M (3’8”) wide x 1.88M (6’2”). Alternative with 3 sets double doors & ramp through FOH entrance, same dimensions, 25M from van to stage.
- Acoustics good.
- No blackout (2005) but this may have changed since.
- Heating by ceramic wall-mounted heaters. Need £1 cards for meters – available from garage.
- No piano. No smoke detectors.
- No access equipment seen.
- Power: 100amp 3-phase incomer in SR wing.
- No stage lighting.
- No sound equipment.
- Houselights are switched fluorescents, switches in cupboard in SR wing.
- Dressing Room exists behind stage but is locked.
- Kitchen available
- Toilet behind stage but needs unlocking.