MUIR OF ORD VILLAGE HALL
March 2002 Mick Andrew
Address: Muir or Ord Village Hall, Seaforth Road, Muir of Ord,
Ross-shire IV6 7TA
- Venue is north of village centre and railway station on west side of Seaforth Rd past shops. Car parking on street (limited).
- Built around 1900’s with later extension.
- Capacity approx 120 if stage used, up to 70 if performing on floor. Stacking, folding plastic chairs and some padded chairs, also metal-framed, canvas, non-interlocking chairs.
- Mobile reception reasonable.
- Muir of Ord has hotels, cafes, general store, Post Office, Bank & cashpoint, petrol. All other services in Dingwall (6 miles).
- Hall Dimensions: 6.83M (22’5”) wide x 15.95M (52’4”) long. Height at side walls 3.5M (11’6”) rising to 4.5M (14’9”) at centre – roof is curved.
- Stage: 5.64M (18’6”) wide x 2.95M (9’8”) max depth at centre of rear alcove. Height of proscenium 2.74M (9’), height of stage 0.84M (2’9”). Wings 0.61M (2’) both sides. Crossover through back corridor. Access treads both sides at rear of stage into back corridor.
- Décor: floor light polished wood with Badminton Court markings; walls light wood panelling lower, dark green upper; roof white. FOH tabs brown, stage has dark green wings and light green back wall with lino flooring.
- Get-in: through side FOH entrance. Single door, flat, right angle turn into hall. Approx 15M from van loading area to stage. 0.91M (3’) wide x 2.18M (7’2”) high. Is alternative slightly wider access at back of hall – 2 sets double doors & right angle turn but no adjacent vehicle access.
- Acoustics reasonable.
- Blackout partial – many windows have missing curtains but curtain tracks exist.
- Heating by wall-mounted ceramic heaters.
- Upright piano on stage. No smoke detectors.
- Small wooden stepladder available.
- Power: Not seen but assume 100amp 3-phase incomer. 32amp single-phase socket in stage right wing.
- No stage lighting rig, only switched domestic spots on stage.
- No sound equipment.
- Houselights are switched fluorescents, switched in stage left wing.
- Dressing room available.
- Kitchen available.
- No separate toilets.