KAMES & DISTRICT RECREATION HALL
Aug 2009 Mick Andrew
Address: Kames & District Recreation Hall, Kames, Tighnabruaich, Argyll PA21 2AD
- Venue is in Kames village next to Kyles Parish Church. From Tighnabruaich follow B8000 south and at Kames crossroads, by Post office, go straight over and hall is on LHS approx 200 metres just past church. Small Car Park outside.
- Built 1996.
- Capacity approx 170 if stage used, approx 100 if performing on floor. Plastic non-interlocking stacking chairs.
- Mobile reception limited, not all networks available. Payphone at Post Office (2 mins walk).
- Kames has a Hotel and General Store. Tighnabruaich has petrol, hotels and shops. Cashpoints in both vilaages incur a charge. Bank and other services at Dunoon (20 miles).
- Hall Dimensions: 15.24M (50’) long x 8.03M (26’4”) wide. Height at side walls 4.34M (14’3”) rising to 5.31M (17’5”) at apex.
- Stage: 6.02M (19’9”) wide x 3.45M (11’4”) deep. Stage depth can be extended by 1.22M (4’) with rostra addition. Pros height 3M (9’10”), height of stage 0.99M (3’3”). Wings SL 2.24M (7’4”), SR 0.91M (3’). Crossover behind back greys 0.61M (2’) wide. Access steps in corridor SL. Stage has rust brown FOH tabs, black legs & grey back and border drapes.
- Décor: floor wood laminate with Badminton Court markings; walls breeze block cream with red uprights; roof corrugated steel white with blue girder supports. Purple window curtains. Decorative pros arch.
- Get-in: good – through fire exit, 2 single doors straight, flat. Approx 5M van loading area to stage. 0.91M (3’) wide x 2.01M (6’7”) high. Double door access through hall foyer.
- Acoustics good.
- Blackout reasonable, all windows have lined curtains.
- Heating by wall mounted quartz infra-red glow heaters.
- No Piano. No Smoke Detectors.
- Large A-frame steps available.
- Power: 100amp 3-phase incomer in foyer cupboard. 60amp single phase supply to stage dimmers. 13amp sockets on 32amp ring. Heaters on card credit system.
- Theatre stage lighting rig – Alcora 12/24 desk, 24 hard-wired Paradigm Dimmers, 6 x 650w profile spots on FOH bar, 6 x Par 64 on FOH side bars, 8 x 650w fresnels on LX1, 6 x 500w floods on LX2. More lights available.
- Small sound rig – 8 channel mixer, 2 wall mounted Peavey speakers, mics, cassette & CD available.
- Houselights are switched sodium floods (switches at FOH entrance and SR wing), and dimmable wall lights (control at back of hall).
- Committee room can be used as Dressing Room.
- Kitchen available.
- No separate toilets.