KEMNAY VILLAGE HALL
June 2015 Mick Andrew
Address: 8 Aquithie Road, Kemnay, Aberdeenshire AB51 5SS
- Venue is on east side of Aquithie road close to junction with High St in centre of village. No dedicated car park but car parks nearby.
- Built approx 1900 & extended in 1949.
- Capacity 160 if stage used, up to 70 if performing on floor. Padded, stacking, interlocking chairs.
- Mobile reception good.
- Kemnay has Co-operative, shops, Bank and cashpoint, Post Office, café and hotel. Petrol and other services in Inverurie (4 miles).
- Hall Dimensions: 8M (26’3”) wide x 13.75M (45’1”) long, reduced by 0.8M (2’7’) at sides of stage. Height at side walls 4.3M (14’1”) rising to 5M (16’5”) over main part of hall.
- Stage: 4.8M (15’9”) wide x 3.5M (11’6”) deep to back blacks, 4.05M (13’3”) to back wall. Wings 0.7M (2’4”) both sides. Height of Proscenium 2.96M (9’8”), height of stage 1.14M (3’9”). Crossover through back corridor. Access treads USL & USR (5 steps) & moveable treads off front of stage. Black box stage with FOH tabs. Stage is off-centre.
- Décor: floor polished dark wood no markings; walls yellow lower, white upper and white ceiling. FOH tabs maroon.
- Get-in: good, through FOH entrance, up 2 steps or ramp, through 2 sets double doors straight into hall. Approx 20M from van loading area to stage. 1.5M (4’11”) wide x 2.25M (7’4”) high.
- Acoustics good.
- Blackout good – windows have lined curtains.
- Heating by radiators.
- Electric piano available. No smoke detectors in hall.
- 7 step A-frame ladder available.
- Power: 100amp 3-phase incomer in control room FOH. 3 x 32amp single-phase cee-form sockets in USL balcony – feed dimmer racks.
- Small stage lighting rig – Strand 200 2-preset desk; 4 x 6 channel patchable Chilli JR dimmer racks; 2 FOH booms, 3 stage LX bars; 20 x 650watt fresnels, 3 x Selecon 500watt floods. Selecon Chorus 1200 follow-spot in control room.
- Small PA system – Soundcraft MFX 20-2-1 mixer; TOA & PPX450 amps; 4 wall-mounted Bose speakers; range of mics and DI boxes with tie lines to FOH.
- Houselights are switched sodium’s or dimmable roof lights, controlled from back of hall.
- 2 small dressing rooms at side of stage across corridor.
- Kitchen available.
- Separate backstage toilets.