LOCHGOILHEAD VILLAGE HALL
Sept 2008 Mick Andrew
Address: Hall Road, Lochgoilhead, Argyll PA24 8AA
- Venue is on Hall Road, in centre of village, turn left between Hotel & shop and hall is on RHS by bowling green. Small Car Park.
- Built in 1898 and extended in 2000
- Capacity approx 100 if both halls used as one space. Plastic non-interlocking stacking chairs.
- Mobile reception reasonable. Nearest payphone by shop (2 mins walk)
- Lochgoilhead has 2 Hotels, General Store & Post Office but no cashpoint. Petrol & cashpoint at Arrochar (12 miles) Banks and other services in Inveraray (20 miles) or Dunoon (31 miles).
- Hall Dimensions: Main Hall 12.19M (40’ long) x 7.92M (26’) wide. Height at side walls 3.81M (12’6”) rising to 6.71M (22’) at apex. Hall has 9 roof trusses at 4.22M (13’10”) high. Lesser Hall can be part of playing space (Main Hall as performing area and Lesser Hall for seating) – 7.87M (25’10”) from divider to side wall & 6.1M (20’) lengthways (see plan). Height at sides 3.1M (10’2”) rising to 4.78M (15’8”) over centre. Height of divider 2.74M (9’).
- Stage: 2.95M (9’8”) wide + 3.78M (12’5”) wide forestage x 2.01M (6’7”) deep. Height above stage 2.18M (7’2”), height of stage (0.61M (2’). No Crossover. Access treads off SR.
- Décor: floor light wood with no markings; walls light brown lower, cream upper; roof & trusses dark brown.
- Get-in: long, through FOH entrance, straight, up 6 steps along side of hall, through 2 single doors. Approx 25M from van loading to stage. 0.81M (2’8”) wide x 1.98M (6’6”) high. No double doors into hall.
- Acoustics good.
- Blackout reasonable, all windows have curtains or blinds.
- Heating by radiators.
- Upright Piano available. 4 Smoke Detectors spread between both halls.
- Small A-frame steps available.
- Power: 100amp 3-phase incomer, with 100amp single phase feed to mains distro. 13amp socket on 32amp ring. 45amp feed to cooker.
- No Stage lighting. Overhead roof trusses are load bearing.
- Small P.A. available with Wharfedale Speakers.
- Houselights are switched fluorescents or coloured wall lights, switches by stage (SR) or by FOH entrance to Lesser Hall.
- Storerooms could be used as Dressing Room.
- Kitchen available.
- No separate toilets.
Lochgoilhead Village Hall view to Lesser Hall from Main hall