ACHMORE & STROMEFERRY HALL
Sept 2013 Mick Andrew
Address: Achmore & Stromeferry Hall, Achmore, Ross-shire, IV53 8UU
- Venue is in middle of Achmore village on south side of road opposite phone box. 1/2 mile from main A890 road. No car park.
- Built 1935 and refurbished and extended in 2000.
- Capacity (This is a small hall) 65 on tiered seating bank, but could be increased for smaller stage area. Padded stacking interlocking chairs.
- Mobile reception non existant. Payphone opposite hall.
- There are no shops in Achmore, nearest facilities at Plockton (6 miles). Nearest bank, cashpoint, supermarket, petrol and other services at Kyle of Lochalsh (12 miles).
- Hall Dimensions: 6.58M (21’7”) wide x 13.3M (43’8”) long. Height at side walls 2.75M (9’) rising to 3.36M (11’) over centre.
- Stage: Stage Systems rostra available 48 sections of 0.9 x 0.75M table top rostra + frame available can make stage 5.4M wide x 5.25M deep @ 0.6M high, or smaller. This can also be used to make 6 tier seating rake.
- Décor: Floor light wood with Badminton Court markings. Walls pink/red lower, cream upper with cream roof.
- Get-in: good, through foyer, 2 sets of double door (offset), flat, approx 12M from van loading area to stage. 1.13M (3’9”) wide x 1.93M (6’4”) high.
- Acoustics excellent.
- Blackout partial, hall side windows to foyer have no covering and doors to foyer have small windows.
- Heating by wall mounted ceramic heaters.
- Upright Piano available. Hall has smoke detectors, possible to disable.
- A-frame steps avaialble.
- Power: 100amp single-phase incomer in switch room opposite kitchen. Hall sockets on 20amp trip, kitchen sockets on 32amp trip.
- Stage lighting – 2 x 650w profile spots, 2 x 650w fresnels rigged on 2 bars in middle of hall roof. Control equipment not seen.
- No Sound equipment available.
- Houselights are switched/part dimmable fluorescents, downlighters & wall lights or dimmable chandeliers. Switched by hall entrance.
- Small function room by kitchen available as dressing room.
- Kitchen available. Can run small bar in foyer.
- No separate backstage toilets.
- Shower available in disabled toilet.