UIG COMMUNITY & HERITAGE CENTRE, LEWIS
Nov 2000 Mick Andrew
Address: Uig Community Centre, Timsgarry, Uig, Isle of Lewis HS2 9JG
- Venue is on side road off end of B8011 road as approaching from Stornoway – follow sign to right for Aird, Uig and Community Centre & then keep left at next junction and centre is 200M beyond here on right hand side with fire station adjoining. Car park at venue.
- Built 1998 with museum and school in same complex.
- Capacity up to 250 if staging used, approx 150 if performing on floor. Interlocking, stacking, metal-framed, padded chairs.
- Mobile reception limited. Payphone in hall foyer 01851 672481.
- Uig has a general store, post office, ‘no charge’ cashpoint and petrol. Banks, cafes, hotels and other services at Stornoway (35 miles).
- Hall Dimensions: 11.71M (38’5”) wide x 19.8M (65’) long. Height above 5.44M (17’10”) flat roof.
- Staging available: 36 units of 1M sq Topdeck rostra top & frame system @ 2 heights. Can make a 6M sq stage or 8M x 4M. No crossover. Access treads available.
- Décor: floor sprung wood laminate with Badminton Court and other sports markings; walls white lower, wood panelled upper; roof white.
- Get-in: through hall fire exit, straight, flat, 1 set double doors. Approx 10M from van loading area to performing area. 1.17M (3’10”) wide x 1.93M (6’4”) high.
- Acoustics good – hall has been acoustically treated.
- Blackout good.
- Heating by wall radiators.
- No piano. No smoke detectors.
- Small A-frame stepladder available.
- Power: 125amp 3-phase incomer in switch room by hall entrance.
- Small stage lighting rig – ADB desk and 2 ADB patchable dimmers, 4 FOH wall mounted LX bars (2 each side) with 24 outlets, 8 x 650w fresnels, 8 x 650w PC’s. Also LED LX fixtures.
- Sound equipment – not seen and no details.
- Houselights are dimmable fluorescents or switched sodium’s, controls on left of hall entrance.
- Function area can be used as dressing room.
- Kitchen available.
- Separate toilets off kitchen by Museum.