Sept 2010 Mick Andrew
exterior, early 1900’s
Address: Strathpeffer Pavilion, The Square, Strathpeffer, Ross-shire IV14 9DW. Tel: 01997 420124. Venue is staffed. Wifi available.
- Venue is on south side of A834 road in middle of village. Car park at venue.
- Built 1881 as Spa resort pavilion/concert hall, refurbished in 2004.
- Capacity 310 seated (including balcony), up to 600 standing. Stacking, padded, interlocking chairs.
- Mobile reception reasonable.
- Strathpeffer has a General Store, cafes, hotels and cashpoint (with service charge). Nearest petrol at Contin (2 miles). Banks with free use cashpoint and all other services in Dingwall (4 miles).
- Hall Dimensions: Approx 25.6M (84’) long x 12.2M (40’) wide. Height at side walls approx 6.1M (20’) rising to 9.15M (30’) at centre. 7 arches with tie bars at approx 5.5M (18’) height, spread down length of hall (1 over balcony).
- Staging available – 9 units of 8×4 steel-deck available (& extra can be hired). A stage of 9.76M (32’) wide x 4.88M (16’) can be made at approx 0.75M (2’6”) high. No crossover. Access treads available. Black drape at rear of stage and side black legs rigged.
- Décor: floor light wood laminate, walls dark wood lower, light green upper with white roof.
- Get-in: flat, through side fire exits – wide single door & 1 set double doors into hall. Approx 15M from van loading area to stage. 1.4M (4’7”) wide x 2.02M (6’7”) high.
- Acoustics are reverberant.
- Blackout good – clerestory windows and large end wall window have blackout blinds.
- Heating by wall-mounted radiators.
- Upright piano available. Hall has smoke detectors – can be isolated by arrangement.
- Access equipment not seen but assumed to exist.
- Power: 63amp 3-phase socket in dip at stage area.
- Stage lighting rig available. Control in store-room on hall left. Front & back lighting trusses, 22 x Source 4 junior profiles in rig, 6 x 1200w fresnels, 12 x Par64 cans, 4 moving heads. Also 4-sided LX bar rectangle rig in centre of roof. 48 channel or 24 channel 2-preset lighting desks, 3 non-patchable Betapack dimmers.
- Full PA system available – no details. Also projector & screen.
- Houselights are wall up-lighters on dimmer switch located in store-room on hall left.
- 2 dressing rooms upstairs behind stage.
- Kitchen available.
- Separate backstage toilets.
- Café at venue and bar can be arranged.
interior, early 1900’s