GLENMORISTON MILLENNIUM HALL
Sept 2005 Mick Andrew
Address: Glenmoriston Millennium Hall, Invermoriston, Inverness-shire IV63 7WE
- Venue is by car park in village centre on east side of main A82 road south of junction with A887. Car park adjacent.
- Built 1999
- Capacity 200 if staging used, approx 100 if performing on floor. Padded & non-padded, stacking, non-interlocking chairs stored on meat-racks.
- Mobile reception reasonable.
- Invermoriston has General Store/Post Office, hotel and café. Cashpoint and petrol at Fort Augustus (6 miles), bank at Drumnadrochit (13 miles). All other services in Inverness (29 miles).
- Hall Dimensions: 8.97M (29’5”) wide x 19.25M (63’2”) long. Height at side walls 4.75M (15’7”) rising to 6.32M (20’9”) at apex.
- Staging available – 32 units of Q-Build rostra tops 0.75M sq @ 0.5M high. Can make stage of 6M x 3M with access treads. No crossover.
- Décor: floor light wood laminate with Badminton Court markings; walls pine clad lower, light blue upper with white acoustic panelling; roof dark ply.
- Get-in: through hall foyer. Park on main road/car park access, up ramp to FOH doors, right angle turn into foyer, 2 sets double doors into hall. Approx 30M from van loading area to stage. 1.52M (5’) wide x 2.03M (6’8”) high.
- Acoustics good – hall has been acoustically treated.
- Blackout reasonable – windows have curtains but FOH doors have uncovered glass panes.
- Heating by radiators.
- No piano. No smoke detectors.
- No access equipment.
- Power: 100amp 3-phase incomer in locked room in foyer. 32amp single-phase socket exists on exterior wall on car park side – can feed cable through window. 32amp single-phase ext. cable exists in venue.
- No stage lighting
- Small PA system – 10 channel mixer/amp, 2 speakers & stands. Mics, stands & CD player assumed to exist but not seen.
- Houselights are switched fluorescents, switched at hall entrance.
- Stage store or lounge can be used as dressing room.
- Kitchen available.
- No separate toilets – venue toilets are village public conveniences.