Oct 2013 Mick Andrew
Address: Rothesay Pavilion, 45 Argyle St, Rothesay, Isle of Bute PA20 0AU
- Venue is an ‘A’ listed Art Deco ballroom on A844 Rothesay to Port Bannatyne road near town centre. Iconic building awaiting full restoration but in multi-purpose use. Small car park
- Phone 01700 504250. Venue is staffed with technical support.
- Built in 1938
- Capacity approx 1000 if stage used, up to 250 if performing on floor. Stacking plastic non-interlocking chairs.
- Mobile reception good. Venue has Wi-Fi.
- All services in Rothesay town centre.
- Hall Dimensions: 18.6M wide x 23.4M long & approx 7.5M high
- Stage: Pros arch stage, very slight rake, with crossover. 14.3M (46’3”) wide x 6.5M (21’4”) deep. Height of stage 1.02M (3’4”), height of pros 4.05M (13’4”). Wings 3.81M (12’6”) both sides. Height to grid approx 8M (26’3”). Stage risers available. 8 steps dancefloor to stage.
- Décor: floor dark polished wood with 3 Badminton Courts marked. Walls light blue lower, white upper with beige and sea blue ceiling. Venue usually has white silk nylon awning creating internal tent style structure to reduce hall width to approx 14M. FOH tabs navy blue.
- Get-in: good – to stage use loading bay – height of loading bay 0.95M (3’1”). Straight, flat to stage. 10M van loading area to stage, 1.45M (4’9”) wide x 2.05M (6’9”) high. To hall floor use side fire exit, flat 2 set double doors, 2 right angle turns into hall and ramp onto dancefloor. Approx 12M van loading area to performing area. 1.32M (4’4”) wide x 2.08M (6’10”) high.
- Acoustics slightly reverberant
- Blackout good, all windows have navy blue lined curtains
- Heating underfloor.
- Grand Piano available. Smoke Detectors can be isolated.
- Tallescope and large ladders available.
- Power: 200amp 3–phase incomer in switch room off SL wing. 63amp 3-phase socket in SL wing. Stage 13amp sockets on 30amp fuses.
- Rigging – stage has some hemp sets, 3 LX winch bars, perches and back black winch tab. Set of stage legs, borders & back black drapes.
- Stage lighting – full rig exists, Zero88 24/48 Jester LX desk, 48 chilli non patchable dimmers, range of profile spots, fresnels, floods and Par Cans. 1 FOH trapeze LX bar, 3 stage LX bars, side perches. Followspot available. Full spec available on request to venue.
- Full concert PA available. Allen & Heath 20-2 mixer, full range of Celestion speakers & amps, including monitors. Graphic EQ & MP3 player. Range of mics & stands and DI boxes. Full spec available on request to venue.
- Houselights dimmable roof lights, control at FOH tech position.
- 5 Dressing Rooms backstage.
- Kitchen available FOH
- Separate backstage toilets
- Bar at back of hall and café facilities can be arranged.