SELKIRK VICTORIA HALLS
Feb 2003 Mick Andrew
Address: Victoria Halls, Scotts Place, Selkirk, TD7 4LN Tel: 01750 21382 www.liveborders.org.uk/book/town-halls/
– Venue is north-east of main town square on Scotts Place. Car
park at venue or on street. Box office cubicle in foyer. Venue has
- Built 1895.
- Capacity 550 including 110 fixed seats on balcony. Padded, fold-flat, interlocking chairs.
- Mobile reception good. Payphone in foyer 01750 21382.
- Selkirk has all services.
– Hall Dimensions: 16.85M (55’4”) wide x 14.3M (46’11”) from stage apron front to balcony overhang. Height at side walls approx 6.1M (20’) rising to approx 7.62M (25’) in centre – roof is arched.
- Stage: Proscenium opening 7.9M (25’11”) wide x 4.04M (13’3”) high. Depth 7.72M (25’4”) back wall to apron front 5.7M (18’9”) to line of proscenium. Grid at proscenium height. Height of stage 1.22M (4’). Wings 4.52M (14’10”) both sides. Crossover through back corridor. Access treads to auditorium available.
- Décor: floor polished light wood; walls beige/grey panelling lower, light cream & pink mouldings upper; roof cream/pink with panelled white mouldings. Stage has dark green FOH tabs & black box drapes, stage floor t&g wood.
- Get-in: through hall left emergency exit, ramp outside (railings removeable), right angle turn & 2 sets double doors into hall 1.27M (4’2”) wide x 2.06M (6’9”) high. Approx 10M from van loading area to stage.
- Acoustics reasonable.
- Blackout reasonable – all windows have lined curtains but some stray light.
- Heating by radiators.
- Grand piano at hall floor level. No smoke detectors.
- 3-part Xarges ladder, A-frame steps and scaffold tower available.
- Power: 200amp 3-phase incomer & 6 x single phase 32amp sockets (feed house dimmers) under stage. Sockets in hall are Elecktrak design – need adaptors to 13amp outlets.
- Stage lighting rig – Strand GSX desk, 36 channels patchable dimmers under stage, 50 LX circuits, 20 x 1200w & 650w profile spots, 18x 650w fresnels, 4 x 500w floods & 4 x 3 cell 500w flood battens. FOH LX bar & side bars, 3 stage LX bars.
- Sound rig – Spirit FX16 16-2 mixer, QSC amps & graphic EQ, 6 wall-mounted EV speakers, 2 CD players. Induction loop fitted.
- Houselights are uplighters switched from stage left corner or dimmable hanging lamps controlled from stage let corner or control room.
- 2 dressing rooms with separate toilets. Showers adjacent.
- Kitchen available.
- Bar area off main hall and refreshments can be arranged.