LOCHCARRON VILLAGE HALL
Oct 2010 Mick Andrew
Address: Main Street, Lochcarron, Ross-shire IV54 8YA
- Venue on north side of A896 in middle of village near General Store. Car parking on street.
- Built in 1893 as a Drill Hall. Substantially refurbished in 2007.
- Capacity up to 160 if stage used, approx 80 if performing on floor. Plastic interlocking stacking chairs.
- Mobile reception reasonable. Payphone outside hall.
- Lochcarron has General Store/Post Office, petrol, hotel and cafes. Bank & cashpoint at Kyle of Lochalsh (22 miles).
- Hall Dimensions: 8.91M (29’3”) wide x 18.59M (61’) long. Height at side walls 4.58M (15’) rising to 6.1M (20’) over central area. 4 tie rods @ 4.58M height (side walls to roof apex).
- Stage: 4.2M (13’9”) wide x 4.5M (14’9”) deep. Height of pros 3.16M 10’4”), height of stage 0.87M (2’10”). Wings 1M (3’3”) SL with access treads, 2.24M (7’4”) SR. No crossover. Stage has sliding partition instead of FOH tabs.
- Décor: floor light wood laminate with Badminton Court markings. Walls light wood lower, upper & roof cream/yellow with white acoustic treatment panels.
- Get-in: good – through side fire exit, double doors, straight into hall, ramp outside. Approx 10M from van loading area to stage. 1.63M (5’4”) wide x 1.98M (6’6”) high.
- Acoustics good. Hall has been acoustically treated.
- Blackout reasonable – windows have blinds except for FOH door.
- Heating by underfloor system
- No piano. Smoke detectors in side corridor – can be isolated but need code.
- Access equipment not seen.
- Power: 63amp 3-phase socket, 63amp single-phase socket & 2 x 32amp single-phase sockets in SL wing.
- Stage lighting rig available – Strand 100 12/24 2 preset desk, 2 x Zero88 Betapack patchable dimmers, DMX tie-line SL wing to FOH, 2 x 650w profile spots, 4 x 650w fresnels, 4 x 500w floods, 7 x Patt 833 500w fresnels, 7 x Patt 23 500w profile spots, 1 FOH LX bar & 1 stage LX bar.
- No sound equipment seen.
- Houselights are switched up-lighters (switches by FOH entrance) or switched downlighters (switches by kitchen).
- 2 Dressing Rooms (1 upstairs).
- Kitchen available.
- Separate backstage toilets.
- Bar serving area available.