PORTSOY TOWN HALL
May 2015 Mick Andrew
Address: Seafield St, Portsoy, Banffshire, AB45 2QL
- Venue is on main A98 road in the middle of the town on RHS as approaching from Elgin/Fochabers. No car park.
- Built approx 1900. Was formerly a church.
- Capacity approx 150 if stage used, up to 100 if performing on floor. Padded stacking non-interlocking chairs.
- Mobile reception variable.
- Portsoy has a Bank, hotel, cafés, general stores and Post Office. Petrol and other services in Banff (7 miles) or Elgin (27 miles).
- Hall Dimensions: 10.07M (33’) wide x 14.67M (48’2”) long. Height at side walls 6.05M (19’10”) rising to 6.5M (21’4”) approx over main part of hall.
- Stage: 4.88M (16’) wide x 3.25M (10’8”) deep. Wings 0.55M (1’10”) both sides. Height above stage 3.73M (12’3”). Height of stage 1M (3’3”). Crossover through back kitchen. Access treads (6 steps) both sides of stage and backstage into kitchen & back corridor.
- Décor: floor dark polished wood with Badminton Court markings; walls cream/pink lower, cream upper; roof white. FOH tabs dark blue, window curtains dark blue.
- Get-in: good – through side entrance, flat. Right angle turn into hall, 3 sets of double doors. Approx 15M from van loading area to stage. 0.86M (2’10”) wide x 2.07M (6’9”) high.
- Acoustics good.
- Blackout reasonable, all windows have dark unlined curtains.
- Heating by radiators.
- No Piano. No smoke detectors in hall.
- No access equipment.
- Power: 60amp 3-phase incomer in cupboard by USL entrance. Limited twin 13amp sockets in hall.
- Stage lighting by track spots, non-dimmable.
- No Sound Equipment.
- Houselights are switched fluorescents – switches are on stage in USL corner
- Upstairs room can be used as Dressing Room.
- Kitchen available.
- Separate toilet upstairs