LAGGAN VILLAGE HALL
Aug 2012 Mick Andrew
Address: Laggan Village Hall, Laggan Bridge by Newtonmore, Inverness-shire PH20 1AN
- Venue is along road into Laggan village off A86 from Newtonmore, approx 200M from junction, after surgery and before school on left in Gergask. Car parking on street.
- Built 1985. Has bunkhouse accommodation & games room upstairs.
- Capacity approx 100 if stage used, up to 70 if performing on floor. Padded, folding chairs stored on meat-racks.
- Mobile reception reasonable.
- Laggan has a General Store. Cashpoint, petrol, hotels at Newtonmore (8 miles), Banks & cashpoint at Kingussie (11 miles). Other services in Aviemore (23 miles).
- Hall Dimensions: 15M (49’3”) long x 9.05M (29’8”) wide. Height of roof 4.98M (16’4”).
- Stage: 6.4M (21’) wide x 2.44M (8’) deep. Height of stage 0.75M (2’6”). No wings or crossover, stage has curved pros arch. Access treads off front stage left.
- Décor: floor light wood with Badminton Court markings, walls dark blue lower, white upper & roof. Window curtains dark blue.
- Get-in: via side fire exit, park on grass covered hardcore surface in field, single door, ramp outside and right-angle turn into hall. Approx 20M from van loading area to stage. 1M (3’3”) wide x 2M (6’7”) high.
- Acoustics reasonable.
- Blackout good, all windows have lined curtains.
- Heating by infra-red glow quartz heaters. Heaters on £1 coin meter.
- No piano. No smoke detectors
- Large A-frame steps available.
- Power: 100amp 3-phase incomer in store behind stage (SR side).
- No stage lighting.
- Small PA available, 4 mounted ProSound speakers, other equipment not seen.
- Houselights are switched fluorescents or wall lights, switches in stage right corridor or stage right wall.
- Meeting room can be used as dressing room.
- Kitchen available.
- No separate toilets but venue has showers.