TIREE, AN TALLA
Oct 2011 Mick Andrew
Address: An Talla, Crossapol, Isle of Tiree, Argyll PA77 6UT
- Venue is on LHS of B8065 ¼mile past Crossapol village shop heading towards Balemartine & Heylipol, Car Park available.
- Built 2004 & run by An Talla Association.
- Capacity approx 200 if small stage used, 150 if performing on floor. Padded stacking non-interlocking chairs.
- Mobile reception limited, some networks only. Payphone at Crossapol village (5 mins walk).
- Tiree has bank (no cashpoint), Co-op, post office, general store, hotels and cafes. Other services in Oban (via 3hr 45 min ferry).
- Hall Dimensions: 20.75M (68’1”) long x 8.89M (29’2”) wide. Height of side walls – window/hall right side 3.4M (11’2”), hall left side 5.77M (18’11”) – see photos. 6 roof trusses @ 3M (9’10”) high with node points @ 2.9M (9’6”) high with central spine tie bar @ 3.07M (10’1”) high. Trusses & tie bar reduce height to less than 3M.
- Staging available – 24 units of 0.75M sq Topdeck system @ 0.5M high. Makes stage 6M wide x 3M deep, with access treads & skirt. No Crossover.
- Décor: floor oak laminate no markings; walls cream/yellow with pine acoustic panelling higher; light wood roof trusses & cream/yellow roof.
- Get-in: reasonable, through fire exit adjacent to Ladies toilets, straight, flat, 2 x single doors into hall. Approx 15M from van loading area to stage. 0.76M (2’6”) wide x 2.01M (6’7”) high. Double door access exists through hall foyer.
- Acoustics good. Hall is acoustically treated.
- Blackout reasonable – side windows have blinds and top windows permanently blacked out.
- Heating by underfloor system & wall mounted ceramic heaters – switched in office.
- No Piano. 2 Smoke Detectors in main hall, can be isolated – control in foyer but has noisy beep if this done.
- Small A-frame steps available.
- Power: 125amp 3-phase incomer in hall office. 32amp 3-phase sockets (on 20amp trip) & 32amp single-phase socket in storeroom behind stage.
- Stage lighting rig available – Zero88 Alcora 24/48 channel desk, 24 channels Zero88 Chilli non-patchable dimmers, 4 x 650w profile spots, 6 x 650w fresnels, 4 x 500w floods (all Selecon), 3 LX bars & dip circuits. DMX tie-line from stage to back of hall
- Small PA available, Spirit Lexicon 12-2 Mixer Amp, 2 x Samson Resound speakers, CD, cassette, various mics & stands with mic & speaker outlets around hall. Some disco equipment.
- Houselights are dimmable wall lights or switched fluorescents, switches at hall entrance.
- Youth Club area can be used as Dressing Room, if unlocked.
- Kitchen available.
- No separate toilets.
- Lesser Hall can be used as café/bar area.