APPIN VILLAGE HALL
Feb 2014 Mick Andrew
Address: Appin Village Hall, Appin, Lorn, Argyll PA38 4BG
- Venue on Main A828 Oban – Ballachulish road on LHS as enter Appin village from South just before church. Car Park available.
- Built in 1992.
- Capacity approx 120 if stage used, 80 if performing on floor, stacking padded non-interlocking chairs
- Mobile reception good for some networks, others variable.
- Appin has no shops but cafes at Castle Stalker viewpoint and pubs at Port Appin (2 miles) & Creagan Inn (2 miles). Petrol in village (limited opening). General Store in Benderloch (8 miles), cashpoint at Connel store, Banks and other services in Oban (18 miles)
- Hall Dimensions: 19.32M (63’6”) long x 9.53M (31’3”) wide. Height at side walls 5.44M (17’10”) rising to 6.7M (22’) approx at apex.
- Stage: 6.1M (20’) wide x 4.88M (16’) deep, height of stage 0.8M (2’8”) – demountable staging (10 folding units 8’x4’) with access treads each side. No wings or crossover.
- Décor: Sprung floor, pine colour wood laminate with Badminton Court markings, walls wood panelled lower, white upper with white corrugated roof. Green FOH tabs, stage has black side and back drapes.
- Get-in: good – ramp outside double doors, straight into hall. Approx 20M van loading to stage. 1.22M (4’) wide x 2.08M (6’10”) high.
- Acoustics good.
- As of 2016 curtains have been removed so currently no blackout – all windows are high up. No blackout in door windows along hall corridor.
- Heating by infra-red quartz heaters. These work off 2 £1coin meters in emergency exit corridor, kitchen works off third meter.
- Upright Piano available. Smoke Detectors in hall – can be isolated.
- Extending ladders available.
- Power: 100amp 3-phase incomer in storeroom at back of hall. All hall 13amp sockets are run off £1 coin meters in emergency exit corridor, (1 meter for each side of hall). 2 x 16amp single-phase sockets feed house dimmers, on wall stage left.
- Stage lighting Zero88 2 preset 12 channel desk, 2 x 6way patchable Zero88 Betapack dimmers. 2 x FOH LX perches, and LX1 bar above stage. 9 x profiles, 13 x fresnels all 650/500w.
- Sound – portable system 2 Wharfedale Pro speakers, amp & 740 Phonic mixer. Some mics.
- Houselights are switched sodium’s or switched wall lights – switches at FOH hall entrance.
- Backstage store could be used as Dressing Room.
- Kitchen available
- No separate toilets.