ABERLOUR SCOUT HALL
MAY 2018 Mick Andrew
Address: Scout Hall, 50 High St, Aberlour, Morayshire AB38 9QD.
- Venue is on west side of High St (main A95) in middle of village. Car parking on street only.
- Built as a Victorian Church and converted to Scout Hall in 2004.
- Capacity approx 80. Stacking non-interlocking wooden chairs and benches.
- Mobile reception good.
- Aberlour has general store, cafes, hotels. Nearest petrol at . Bank and cashpoint at . Other services at Elgin ( miles)
- Hall Dimensions: 8.99M wide x 14.37M long. Height at side walls 5.02M rising to approx 6.5M over centre.
- No stage.
- Décor: floor polished wood, no markings; walls dark green lower, white upper; roof t&g wood panelling.
- Get-in: off street, up 5 steps, through 2 sets double doors with 2 x right angle turns into hall. Approx 25M from van loading area to hall. 1.04M wide x 2.12M high. Max turning circle for long items is 2.4M.
- Acoustics slightly reverberant.
- No blackout – 8 church windows in hall with no curtains.
- Heating by 4 wall-mounted red-glow quartz heaters.
- No piano. No smoke detectors in hall
- 16 rung straight ladder section available.
- Power: 100amp single-phase incomer. 3 x twin 13a sockets in hall on 16amp trip at kitchen/toilets end of hall only. Kitchen sockets on 32amp trip.
- No stage lighting.
- No sound equipment.
- Houselights are switched wall bulkhead lights or floods, switches at hall entrance.
- Lounge can be used as dressing room.
- Kitchen available.
- No separate toilets.