KIRKCUDBRIGHT PARISH CHURCH HALL
March 2016 Mick Andrew
Address: Parish Church Hall, St. Mary St, Kirkcudbright, DG6 4AQ
- Venue is on east side of St. Mary St (A711) near Town Hall and opposite Parish Church in town centre. Car parking on street.
- Built mid 1860’s.
- Capacity approx 200 if stage used, up to 100 if performing on floor. Plastic, stacking, non-interlocking chairs.
- Mobile reception good.
- Kirkcudbright has all services.
- Hall Dimensions: 11.58M (38’) wide x 13.84M (45’5”) long. Height at side walls 5.44M (17’10”) rising to 7.62M (15’) flat roof over main area,
- Stage: 6.73M (22’1”) wide at pros arch tapering inwards upstage x 3.58M (11’9”) deep. Height of proscenium 3.05M (10’), height of stage 0.94M (3’1”). Wings 0.94M (3’1”) downstage to 1.5M (4’11”) upstage both sides. No crossover. Access treads downstage both sides, also portable 3-step access treads.
- Décor: floor old wood with Badminton Court markings; wall & ceiling white with red trellis mouldings. Window curtains beige, FOH tabs rust orange.
- Get-in: through hall main entrance, up 3 steps, through double doors & lobby, through double doors & right-angle turn into hall. 1.14M (3’9”) wide x 1.98M (6’6”) high. Approx 25M from van loading area to stage
- Acoustics slightly reverberant.
- Blackout reasonable – windows have lined curtains & blinds.
- Heating by wall-mounted radiators.
- Upright piano available. No smoke detectors.
- 11-step A-frame ladder and smaller ladders available.
- Power: 100amp single-phase incomer in lobby by kitchen opposite side from main entrance. 13amp sockets on 32amp trip.
- Stage lighting – Zero88 level 24 analogue 2-preset desk, patchable dimmers in SL wing, 6 x 500watt Patt 23 spots, 8 x 650watt fresnels, 9 x 500watt fresnels, 4 x Patt 137 floods, 8 x Par56 cans. FOH side LX perches, stage has side LX bars + pros arch LX position (floods). Control position on balcony.
- Small PA system – Mackie DFX-6 6 channel mixer on balcony, Alesis RA150 amp, KEF speakers.
- Houselights are switched sodium’s, switches in stage right wing.
- Dressing room behind stage.
- Kitchen available.
- Separate backstage toilets.