ST. LAURENCE HALL
Apr 2003 Mick Andrew
Address: St. Laurence Hall, 7 Conveth Place, Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire AB30 1AD. Tel: 01561 378298
– Venue is in town centre on B9120 road to railway station off High
St/Aberdeen Rd (A937). Car parking on street.
- Built 1866 with foyer added in 1960’s.
- Capacity 266 if stage used (including approx 60 on balcony), up to 120 if performing on floor. Plastic, stacking chairs.
- Mobile reception good. Payphone on High St.
- Laurencekirk has bank & cashpoint, hotels, cafes and shops. Petrol at Stracathro services (A90 – 7 miles). Other services in Montrose (10 miles) or Stonehaven (14 miles).
– Hall Dimensions: 18M (59’) long (balcony overhangs last 4.2M/13’9”) x 8.8M (28’10”) wide. Height at side walls 4.57M (15’) rising to approx 7M (23’) over centre (roof curved at sides).
- Stage: Proscenium opening 6.58M (21’7”) wide x 3.95M (12’11”) high, stage depth including apron 6.58M (21’7”). Stage apron 9.14M (30’) wide x 0.61M (2’) deep. Height of stage 1.08M (3’6”). Wings 1.22M (4’) both sides. No crossover, access treads off stage left 3 steps then 5 steps to floor level.
- Décor: floor light wood; walls cream with white mouldings; roof pink/red with white mouldings and glass skylights on curves. Stage FOH tabs blue, mid-stage tabs beige, back wall white.
- Get-in: through foyer/front doors – up 1 step, 3 sets double doors
& right angle turn into hall 1.4M (4’7”) wide x 2.3M (7’6) high. Approx 30M from van loading area to stage.
- Acoustics slightly reverberant.
- No blackout – roof has skylights.
- Heating by wall-mounted heaters.
- Upright piano on stage. Smoke detectors on stage and in hall.
- No access equipment seen.
– Power: 100amp 3-phase incomer in cupboard by stage door. 2 x
32amp single phase sockets in stage left wing. Only 1 x 13amp
socket in hall.
- Stage lighting – no control or dimmers. 2 x 650w profile spots & 2 x 500w fresnels on FOH perches, flood battens above stage on LX bar. All switched from stage left wing.
- No sound equipment.
- Houselights are dimmable hanging lights, controlled from cupboard by stage door.
- 2 dressing rooms across from stage left with separate toilet.
- Kitchen available.