LOCHWINNOCH McKILLOP INSTITUTE
March 2016 Mick Andrew
Address: McKillop Institute, Main St, Lochwinnocjh, Renfrewshire
PA12 4AJ Tel: 01505 842261 (Caretaker)
- Venue in middle of village on corner of crossroads. Car park at venue.
- Built 1926 and extended in 1976.
- Capacity approx 200 if stage used, up to 120 if performing on floor. Plastic, stacking, non-interlocking chairs.
- Mobile reception good. Hall has payphone
- Lochwinnoch has no-charge cashpoint, general store, cafes & pubs. Banks, petrol and other services at Beith (4 miles) or Johnstone (7 miles).
- Hall Dimensions: 9.04M (29’8”) wide x 22.4M (73’6”) long. Height at side walls 3.71M (12’2”) with curved roof rising to 4.6M (15’1”) at centre.
- Stage: Proscenium width 4.75M (15’7”) wide x 5.89M (19’4”) forestage to back wall, 5.41M (17’9”) forestage to back blacks. Height of proscenium 3.07M (10’1”), height of stage 0.94M (3’1”). Wings (downstage only), 0.94M (3’1”) stage left, 1.04M (3’5”) stage right. Crossover behind back blacks. Access treads (6 steps) off both sides of forestage and from both wings. Stage has back & side black drapes.
- Décor: floor polished wood no markings; walls polished mahogany coloured wood lower, pink upper with brown roof supports; roof cream with brown grid pattern. FOH tabs brown.
- Get-in: through fire exit, up 4 steps, straight, through single door into hall. Approx 10M from van loading area to stage. 1.12M (3’8”) wide x 2.06M (6’9”) high.
- Acoustics slightly reverberant.
- No blackout – hall has 6 large skylights and window at far end.
- Heating by wall electric convector heaters.
- Upright piano available. Hall has 2 smoke detectors, possible to isolate with code.
- 8-step A-frame ladder available.
- Power: 100amp 3-phase incomer, sub-boards in stage left wing. Hall has very few 13amp sockets – hall 13amp sockets on 20amp fuse, stage sockets the same.
- Small stage lighting rig – 3 x Strand 4 channel patchable dimmer packs (IEC) connectors with faders on each pack, 2 x 650w fresnels on FOH perches, 2 x 500w floods FOH in roof, 6 x 300w Minim fresnels LX1 & 2 x Minim Fresnels upstage.
- Small PA – 2 x TOA speakers, other equipment not seen.
- Houselights are switched roof-lights or wall uplighters – switches by mid & back hall entrances.
- Rooms backstage can be used as dressing rooms.
- Kitchen available.
- Separate backstage toilets.
- Bar available if organised.