LOCHMADDY HALL, N.UIST
March 2002 Mick Andrew
Address: Lochmaddy Hall, Lochmaddy, Isle of North Uist, Outer Hebrides HS6 5AE
- Venue – from ferry terminal drive through village and take right turn at shop/petrol pumps (approx 1 mile) and hall is approx ¼mile along here on right hand side opposite Court House and near Police station. Car park at venue.
- Built 2000.
- Capacity approx 150, up to 80 if performing on floor.
- Mobile reception very limited. Payphone by Court House (1 min walk).
- Lochmaddy has bank & cashpoint, general store & petrol, Post office, hotel, café and mainland ferry. Nearest supermarket at Creagorry, Benbecula (21 miles).
- Hall Dimensions: 8.43M (27’8”) wide x 15.8M (51’10”) long. Height at side walls 4.83M (15’10”) rising to approx 6.71M (22’) at apex.
- Staging available: 40 units of 0.7M sq rostra tops (Topdeck system) @ variable heights (max 0.7M). Makes stage of 5.6M x 3.5M. No crossover. Access treads available.
- Décor: floor wood laminate with Badminton Court markings; walls light yellow lower, pine panelling upper with red roof support beams; roof white.
- Get-in: through hall foyer – flat, straight, 3 sets double doors. Approx 25M from van loading area to performing area. 1.32M (4’4’) wide x 2.03M (6’8”) high.
- Acoustics good.
- Blackout good – 4 skylights with electric blinds (controls at hall entrance).
- Heating by underfloor system.
- No piano. Smoke detector in hall.
- No access equipment.
- Power: 100amp 3-phase incomer located in office. Hall 13amp sockets on 25amp trip.
- Small stage lighting rig – Pulsar 4 channel desk & 4-way dimmer, 2 x 650w profile spots, 2 x 650w fresnels (all on 13amp sockets and hard-wired at time of visit). Rigging brackets exist.
- Small PA system – Carlsboro Eclipse 12 channel mixer/amp, 2 EV 300w speakers, 5 SM58 mics & 2 SM58 radio mics, 4 mic stands.
- Houselights are switched fluorescents or dimmable downlighters, controls by hall entrance.
- Lounge can be used as a dressing room. Shower available.
- Kitchen available.
- No separate toilets.