ELGIN TOWN HALL
Apr 2003 Mick Andrew
Address: Town Hall, 1 Trinity Place, Elgin, Morayshire IV30 1UL. Tel: 01343 619900 www.elgintownhall.co.uk/
– Venue is north of town centre on junction of A96 and A941 Lossiemouth road. Car
park opposite venue. Venue is staffed.
- Built 1961 and extended in 1975.
- Capacity 550 seats including 120 fixed balcony padded seats. Padded, stacking, interlocking chairs.
- Mobile reception good, payphone in venue foyer.
- Elgin has banks, cashpoints, petrol, hotels, cafes, shops and all other services.
- Stage: proscenium opening 9.7M (31’10”) wide x 4.3M (14’1”) high, stage depth including apron 10.4M (34’2”). Stage apron 13M (42’8”) wide x 2.9M (9’6”) deep. Height of stage 1.07M (3’6”). Wings 0.9M (3’) both sides, crossover behind back drapes or via back corridor, 5-step treads off both sides of stage apron to surround ledge with 3 steps into seating well/dancefloor. Rostra also available 12 Nivoflex 2m x 1M units at variable heights up to 1M. Stage has full set black drapes and tab tracks. 3 hemp flying bars.
- Décor: wood panelled interior with orange curtains. Stage has rust red FOH tabs.
- Get-in: loading bay at rear of stage 1.22M (4’) above ground level, no steps. 1 set double doors into back stage 1.4M (4’7”) wide x 2.95M (9’8”) high. Approx 10M from van loading area to stage. Alternative via ramp into foyer and FOH entrance into hall.
- Acoustics reasonable.
- Blackout partial, all windows have curtains but stray light permeates through. Extremely bright exit signs.
- Heating by radiators.
- Grand and upright pianos available at stage level. Smoke detectors in hall.
- 2 large A-frame ladders available and scaffold tower.
- Power: 63amp 3-phase socket in stage right wing.
- Full stage lighting rig with Zero88 desk, 36 patchable beta-pack dimmers, range of 1200w profile spots, fresnels, 500w floods and Par64 lanterns. Follow-spots available. FOH LX bar, 2 x FOH LX perches, 3 on-stage LX bars. Operated from control room off balcony.
- Full PA rig including 12-2 mixer, mustang amps, JBL & Bose mounted speakers, range of microphones and Di boxes, CD player.
- Houselights are dimmable ceiling lights or under balcony lights, controlled from control room or from stage right corridor.
- 2 large dressing rooms adjacent to stage with separate toilets. Showers available.
- Kitchen in lounge servery area.
- Café and refreshments available. Bar facilities can be arranged.