KILMELFORD & KILNINVER VILLAGE HALL
Sept 2008 Mick Andrew
Address: Kilmelford & Kilninver Village Hall, Melfort Rd, Kilmelford, Oban, Argyll PA34 4XF
- Venue is off A816 Oban-Lochgilphead road, through Kilmelford village, heading south, turn right for Melfort village and hall is ¼ mile on RHS. Car Park available.
- Built 1997.
- Capacity approx 100. Padded non-interlocking stacking chairs.
- Mobile reception limited. Payphone in foyer.
- Kilmelford has a village store & hotel. Banks, petrol & other services in Oban (16 miles).
- Hall Dimensions: 16.54M (54’3”) long x 8.53M (28’) wide. Height at side walls 5.49M (18’) rising to approx 6.4M (21’) at apex.
- Stage: 5.94M (19’6”) wide x 4.24M (13’11”) deep. Height above 3.81M (12’6”), height of stage 1.02M (3’4”). No wings – access treads at sides of stage to back corridor. Crossover behind stage in back corridor.
- Décor: floor wood laminate with Badminton Court markings; walls white breeze block lower, white corrugated steel upper & roof. Stage FOH drapes maroon.
- Get-in: Good, through hall fire exit, straight, flat, single door. Approx 10M from van loading to stage. 1.02M (3’4”) wide x 2.08M (6’10”) high. 2 sets double doors + 2 right angle turns through foyer as alternative.
- Acoustics reverberant, but manageable.
- No Blackout. Windows either side of stage at height – difficult & dangerous to access.
- Heating by infra-red quartz red glow heaters. Need tokens for meter.
- Upright Piano on stage. No Smoke Detectors.
- No access equipment seen.
- Power: 3-phase incomer (assume 100amp) in chair store behind kitchen. Hall sockets on 20amp breaker. Stage dimmers on 60amp trip.
- Small stage lighting rig – desk not seen, 2 Act 6 dual input patchable dimmers SL wing, 2 x 650w profile spots on FOH bars, 4 x 650w fresnels + 4 x 150w floods on stage. Roof support RSJ’s are load bearing – suitable for girder clamps.
- No sound equipment.
- Houselights are switched sodiums, switched by stair well.
- Meeting room can be used as dressing room.
- Kitchen available.
- No separate toilets. Squash Court in building.