INVERNESS OLD HIGH CHURCH HALL
Oct 2001 Mick Andrew
Address: Old High Church Hall, Academy St, Inverness IV1 1LU
- Venue is on south side of Academy St (B865) west of bus station access and railway station. No free car parking in immediate vicinity and no parking at venue.
- Built late Victorian era.
- Capacity approx 120. Plastic, stacking, non-interlocking chairs.
- Mobile reception good.
- Inverness has all services.
- Hall Dimensions: 6.83M (22’5”) wide x 18.45M (60’6”) long. Height at side walls 3.96M (13’) rising to approx 5.49M (18’) over central area.
- No stage.
- Décor: floor polished wood, no markings; walls light pine clad lower, yellow/lime upper; roof beige with dark wood trusses.
- Get-in: through FOH entrance on Academy St – difficult parking (loading only), 2 sets double doors, straight, 1 step off street into hall. Approx 20M from van loading area to performing area. 1.53M (5’) wide x 2.26M (7’5”) high.
- Acoustics slightly reverberant.
- No blackout – venue has 2 long double-light windows and 3 smaller windows.
- Heating by 6 wall-mounted red-glow quartz heaters.
- Upright piano available. No smoke detectors
- No access equipment.
- Power: 60amp 3-phase incomer in smaller meeting room along side of main hall.
- No stage lighting
- No sound equipment.
- Houselights are switched fluorescents, switches at opposite end of hall from main entrance.
- Smaller hall can be used as dressing room.
- Kitchen available.
- Disabled toilet is in backstage, non-public area.