PLAY- RIGHTING ONLINE
with Dave Smith
Obviously there is no wrong or right way to go about play writing
- talking to someone about your play can help
- talking to someone who has written several plays themselves can help more
- talking to someone who has had their plays produced professionally can help even more
- talking to someone who has worked in theatre since 1986 and has run their own production company and been involved in every aspect of theatrical production and who has specialised in writing for the last 17 years can really, really help.
So why not sign up for some of intensive play-righting with Dave Smith, Director of Right Lines Productions.
What other playwrights say about Dave’s help
‘Dave Smith’s input in turning my 8,000 word draft into a script that could be handed over to the actors was absolutely essential to the final success of Casting Off, which toured to sell-out audiences in 2015. Not only did he immediately see the flaws – practical and otherwise – in the initial draft I gave him, but he also came up with the solutions, as well as maintaining a huge enthusiasm for the project throughout the many stages of revision.’
Philip Paris – playwright, author, journalist.
‘Dave helped me considerably with my script of The Rhum Plants. As an experienced and versatile writer, he was able to look objectively at my words on the page and offer insightful and positively constructive suggestions to make the play sing and dance. The play later went on to play full houses at Edinburgh Fringe and on tour! Dave’s great, and he makes a super cup of tea too’
Phil Baarda – playwright
How is your play?
Need someone to talk to about it?
This course offers an intensive, online one-to-one play writing session with a dedicated tutor.
Problems with the plot? Characters not interesting enough? Unspeakable dialogue? Or just plain stuck? Let’s spend some time together getting your play into shape.
Dave Smith has been a playwright since 2000 and is half of the well established Right Lines writing partnership.
Once signed up you will send your script to Dave. He will then spend time reading and considering it. You will then have a one hour session with him online via Zoom to discuss your play and receive advice/suggestions about your work. Further sessions can be arranged if you consider them valuable to talk more or review rewrites.
How much will this cost?
- the total cost for reading your script and the subsequent one hour online session is £50
- Additional online sessions are charged at £15 per hour
To book and discuss your requirements email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone me on 07703 484847
Once a session is arranged – you will receive and email with a PayPal link to finalise the booking
Once Booked – please submit your play, as it stands, by email so Dave can read and consider the content in advance of the online session.